Banana Nut Cookies
yields about 4 dozen cookies
- baking sheets
- Silicone spatula
- mixing bowls
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, salted and softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp milk
- 3/4 cup banana, mashed (about 2 bananas)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer blend the sugars. Add the butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the egg, milk, and banana and beat at medium until smooth.
- Add flour mixture along with the nuts and chocolate chips and blend at low speed until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Drop rounded teaspoons onto an un-greased cookie sheet, 2" apart.Bake for 20-24 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown. Transfer immediately to a cooling rack with a spatula