We’re featuring this recipe because our November Feature Giveaway is a pizza set by Emile Henri in honor of National “Pizza With The Works Except Anchovies” Day on November 7th. We’re choosing to feature the Emile Henry pizza stone because it is second to none for even heating, withstanding high temperatures, creating a crisp crust, and making pizza at home a joy. The set also comes with a pizza peel to make extracting your pizza from the oven less, shall we say…hazardous.
You might want to practice making dough (for when you win the pizza set) so we got this recipe straight from the Emile Henry website. Yes, you could just buy some premade dough at Trader Joe’s or some other supermarket but why would you want to when this recipe is so dang easy? Fresh pizza dough makes such a huge difference. Whether you like your pizza loaded with toppings or just with a bit of olive oil and fine cheese, the crust will take that pizza from ordinary to amazing. Once you have your dough ready, it’s full steam ahead for the pizza lovers in your life. This pizza-at-home thing just might become a habit. Sounds good to me…
What is your favorite type of pizza? Do you make it at home or get take-out? Does anyone really like anchovies on their pizza? Let us know in the comments below.
Link to the original recipe here.
Easy Homemade Pizza Crust
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope fast-rising dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 cup water very warm
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in mixing bowl. Whisk until ingredients are blended.
2. Stir in water and 2 tbsp olive oil until well blended.
3. Place dough on a lightly floured counter, baking mat or cutting board. Knead 10 minutes. Cover with towel and let rest for 20 minutes
4. Sprinkle Pizza Peel with 2 tbsp. cornmeal. Place dough on peel and press into a circle. Stretch and roll dough shaping a 14-inch circle and add toppings.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 min., or until crust is crispy.
1. Preheat your grill:
CHARCOAL, NATURAL WOOD GRILLS: Light charcoal, dump coals on bottom grate, spread out coals, put top grill grate in place and place stone on top of grill grate. Let stone heat up to cooking temperature 500 - 700 degrees F, depending on your recipe instructions.
GAS GRILL: Light burners, put pizza stone on grill grate, let stone heat up to cooking temperature, 500-700 degrees F, depending upon your recipe instructions.
2. Meanwhile, roll out pizza dough onto a pizza peel. Add sauce, cheese, and toppings.
3. Just before cooking, sprinkle2 tbsp. of cornmeal on Pizza Stone. Slide pizza directly onto hot Pizza Stone. Cover the grill and cook over high heat for 15-20 min., or until crust is lightly browned and the top is bubbly.
4. When pizza is done, remove it with pizza peel. If you're making another right away, place a platter; or serve pizza right on the Pizza Stone. Lift up Pizza Stone at handles using potholders. The handles will be very hot.
5. Place the stone on cutting board or trivets.
6. Cut pizza slices directly on Pizza Stone
CHEESE PIZZA: Spread 1 cup tomato sauce with 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning on dough leaving 1/2 to 1-inch rim. Sprinkle on 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
PESTO PIZZA: Drop 5-6 spoonfuls of pesto on cheese pizza.
MUSHROOM PIZZA: Slice medium onion and 8 oz mushrooms, saute them in olive oil until soft. Spread on top of cheese pizza.
This recipe is from the NordicWare site. We’ve chosen to include it here because of our October 2019 Featured Give-away.
Cooking your entire meal on a single sheet pan makes dinners easy and delicious and cleanup is a breeze. After you try this recipe, let us know what you think in the comments below. And don’t be afraid to experiment and change things up based on what you have on hand. The original recipe (as shown here) is southwest inspired but could easily be changed up by substituting different spices. You could use any summer squash in lieu of zucchini. Let your imagination (and your spice pantry) go crazy.
You’ll find the following items that were used in this recipe at The Kitchen Company.
** Used in this recipe **
- NordicWare Baker’s Half Sheet Pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoons
- Chef’s knives
- Oven mitts/potholders
** Optional tools **
- Silpat half sheet pan non-stick liner (optional)
- Corn Cutter (for getting the kernels off fresh cobs) (optional)
- Garlic peelers and mincers
Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Hash
- oil for the pan (or use a Silpat)
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 zucchini sliced or cubed
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 (15oz) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly oil or spray Baker's Half Sheet pan. Place sweet potatoes in microwave safe bowl and precook for 3-5 minutes. Alternately you can pre-parbake them or steam them for 8-10 minutes. When they are cool enough to handle, mix the cubed sweet potatoes with the zucchini, red bell pepper, onion, black beans, corn, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and paprika.
Spread the mixture evenly onto prepared half sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from the oven and, using a spoon, make six wells in the vegetables for the eggs. Crack an egg into each well. Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper and return to the oven for an additional 7-9 minutes or more depending on how you like your eggs. Serve immediately.