The BEST Peanut Butter Cookie I Have Ever Made
Peanut butter cookies are not my strong suit but these came out perfect if you like them soft in the middle, firmer at the edge, and not crumbly.
- good quality baking sheets (I used NordicWare but I also like USA Pan)
- a hand mixer or stand mixer
- measuring cups and spoons
- a spring-loaded cookie scooper
- a potato masher (the kind with little squares)
- 1 c butter, unsalted
- 1 c peanut butter, crunchy or creamy, as you wish
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 3/4 c dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in the eggs slowly until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together (yes, with a sifter) the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir it into the wet mixture.
- Put the batter in the refrigerator for about an hour. Scoop (or roll with your hands) into @ 1" balls and place on baking sheets leaving room to spread. Flatten each ball with your potato masher (or use a fork to make hash-marks).
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown. Do NOT overbake (unless you like that sort of thing).