Easy Flour Tortillas
This recipe is so easy, you can make these to accompany your dinner tonight! You can purchase a tortilla press and a tortilla warmer at The Kitchen Company.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil room temperature, NOT melted
- 1 cup hot water hottest tap water
- Mix dry ingredients. Add coconut oil and use a pastry cutter to blend the flour mixture with the coconut oil.
- Add the hot water all at once and mix until you have a shaggy dough.
- Turn the dough out on your work surface and knead it together until all the dry bits are mixed in nicely. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet or comal to about medium heat. Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces (more or less for smaller or larger tortillas). Roll into little dough balls for use with a tortilla press (or roll them by hand with a rolling pin).
- Place tortilla on the hot skillet, turning after about 30 seconds (cook time depends on the thickness of your tortillas). If they burn before cooking fully, lower the heat. Place cooked tortillas in a towel or tortilla warmer. Or just eat them.