We’re featuring this recipe because our November Feature Giveaway is a pizza set by Emile Henri in honor of National “Pizza With The Works Except Anchovies” Day on November 7th. We’re choosing to feature the Emile Henry pizza stone because it is second to none for even heating, withstanding high temperatures, creating a crisp crust, and making pizza at home a joy. The set also comes with a pizza peel to make extracting your pizza from the oven less, shall we say…hazardous.
You might want to practice making dough (for when you win the pizza set) so we got this recipe straight from the Emile Henry website. Yes, you could just buy some premade dough at Trader Joe’s or some other supermarket but why would you want to when this recipe is so dang easy? Fresh pizza dough makes such a huge difference. Whether you like your pizza loaded with toppings or just with a bit of olive oil and fine cheese, the crust will take that pizza from ordinary to amazing. Once you have your dough ready, it’s full steam ahead for the pizza lovers in your life. This pizza-at-home thing just might become a habit. Sounds good to me…
What is your favorite type of pizza? Do you make it at home or get take-out? Does anyone really like anchovies on their pizza? Let us know in the comments below.
Link to the original recipe here.
Easy Homemade Pizza Crust
Combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in mixing bowl. Whisk until ingredients are blended.
2. Stir in water and 2 tbsp olive oil until well blended.
3. Place dough on a lightly floured counter, baking mat or cutting board. Knead 10 minutes. Cover with towel and let rest for 20 minutes
4. Sprinkle Pizza Peel with 2 tbsp. cornmeal. Place dough on peel and press into a circle. Stretch and roll dough shaping a 14-inch circle and add toppings.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 min., or until crust is crispy.
1. Preheat your grill:
CHARCOAL, NATURAL WOOD GRILLS: Light charcoal, dump coals on bottom grate, spread out coals, put top grill grate in place and place stone on top of grill grate. Let stone heat up to cooking temperature 500 - 700 degrees F, depending on your recipe instructions.
GAS GRILL: Light burners, put pizza stone on grill grate, let stone heat up to cooking temperature, 500-700 degrees F, depending upon your recipe instructions.
2. Meanwhile, roll out pizza dough onto a pizza peel. Add sauce, cheese, and toppings.
3. Just before cooking, sprinkle2 tbsp. of cornmeal on Pizza Stone. Slide pizza directly onto hot Pizza Stone. Cover the grill and cook over high heat for 15-20 min., or until crust is lightly browned and the top is bubbly.
4. When pizza is done, remove it with pizza peel. If you're making another right away, place a platter; or serve pizza right on the Pizza Stone. Lift up Pizza Stone at handles using potholders. The handles will be very hot.
5. Place the stone on cutting board or trivets.
6. Cut pizza slices directly on Pizza Stone
CHEESE PIZZA: Spread 1 cup tomato sauce with 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning on dough leaving 1/2 to 1-inch rim. Sprinkle on 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
PESTO PIZZA: Drop 5-6 spoonfuls of pesto on cheese pizza.
MUSHROOM PIZZA: Slice medium onion and 8 oz mushrooms, saute them in olive oil until soft. Spread on top of cheese pizza.