“Tis the season!
The season for cakes and cookies and pies and brownies and hot cocoa and mulled wine and spiced cider and hot toddies and cold weather and gifts and visitors and sharing meals and breaking bread and telling stories…so many good things about the holiday season. We love sharing a little bit of sweetness each weekend at The Kitchen Company and, as busy as it can be, the holiday season doesn’t change that for us. Last week we shared so many different goodies but the Rum & Eggnog Bundt Cake was certainly a highlight! If you were able to get a sample, we hope you enjoyed it. If not, below is the recipe for you to make your own.
We hope your holiday season is wonderful!
Rum & Eggnog Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup eggnog room temperature
- 2 tbsp rum or rum extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray PAM on a 10 or 12-cup Bundt pan
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon until well combined. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. beat butter until smooth. Add sugars and beat on medium-high until pale and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Reduce speed and add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition. Add rum and vanilla.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and eggnog, beginning and ending with flour (3 additions of flour and 2 additions of eggnog). Fully incorporate after each addition. Do not overmix.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Smooth the top with a spatula and whack the pan flatly against the counter to evenly distribute.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Whack the pan flatly on the counter to loosen the cake and then turn it out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- light brown sugar
- bundt pans
- wire racks
- PAM Cooking Spray
- KitchenAid stand mixers (really pretty colors)
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- cake testers
- bundt pan cleaning brushes