Emile Henry is a name synonymous with quality. And it should be. This is a company that was founded in 1850 and is still thriving today. Located in Marcigny, a small town in the province of Burgundy, France, Emile Henry has established a worldwide reputation for manufacturing the finest quality ceramic ovenware, gourmet cooking products, and bakeware products. Still owned and operated by the Henry family, the company today manufactures all of their new cooking products from Burgundy clay using their proprietary High Resistance Oven Ceramic state-of-the-art manufacturing process.
With Roots In Burgundy
Burgundy is noted for world-famous wines that are grown in the mineral-rich limestone soils of the region. Imparting fantastic terroir in the wines, it is these soils and clays that go into the special clay cookware-crafting formulas that are the basis of all Emile Henry ceramic cookware and other products.
Worldwide, professional chefs and home cooks appreciate Emile Henry for the many products and shapes that are properly designed for cooking and baking. The products have the right dimensions, the correct depth and the special features that make Emile Henry products so desirable for everyone that enjoys cooking and eating great foods.
Why Chefs Love Emile Henry
- Burgundy clay evenly and slowly diffuses heat to the very center of the cooking dish. Food is cooked evenly, which brings out the flavors and aromas. Burgundy clay has superior heat retention properties which keep food hot and more flavorsome when resting on the dining table or on a kitchen sideboard.
- All Emile Henry products are direct freezer-to-oven. They exhibit extraordinary thermal shock properties. They go under the broiler and in the microwave.
- Emile Henry products do not chip or crack easily. One can cut directly on the surface without scratching or damaging the product.
- The surfaces do not trap and hold baked-on or burnt food. Cleaning is remarkably easy. All Emile Henry products can go in the dishwasher.
- There is no lead or cadmium in our products, all of the glazes meet California Prop 65, and all of the products are 100% food safe. Offered in a large variety of colors, the glazes will not craze, discolor or fade over time.
- All Emile Henry products carry a limited household ten (10) year warranty against breakage due to defective workmanship.
Serving Chefs and Home Cooks in and Around the Rogue Valley
At The Kitchen Company, we have a fine selection of Emile Henry cookware products such as baking dishes and pizza stones, and the discerning gourmand will recognize the quality in every loaf pan, casserole dish, stew pot, handcrafted pie dish, tagine, and brazier we offer.
We also carry a full line of durable and beautiful Emile Henry tableware including lunch or dinner plates, soup bowls, salad bowls, serving bowls, ramekins, coffee mugs, tool crocks, butter dishes, oil bottles and more!