This is a super easy recipe for pumpkin mousse and is well-received every time we serve it in the store. It made its annual debut yesterday (November 1st) during the First Friday Art Walk festivities. It is so popular that one adventurous young lady consumed eight helpings! EIGHT! Okay–to be fair, the portions were small and served in tiny little paper cups so, in actuality, she probably only had a regular-sized serving.
As stated above, this is a super easy recipe that can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for a few days in an airtight container like one of these by OXO or Kilner (both of which you can find in multiple sizes in the store).
Both are made of glass that can be placed in a microwave or toaster oven for reheating. The OXO dish has a plastic snap-on lid that has a silicone seal for stopping leaks. The Kilner dish has a glass lid with plastic and metal clips and also features a silicone seal for stopping leaks. Both are air-tight!!
Easy Pumpkin Mousse
- 1 package vanilla pudding instant (3.4 oz)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice aka pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 can pumpkin puree 15 oz
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream aka heavy whipping cream
- 1 box graham crackers optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix, spices, and salt. Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, canilla, and whole milk and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- In another bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form, 3-4 minutes. Fold 2/3 of the whipped cream into the pumpkin until smooth. Spoon or pipe into serving dishes and top with the remaining whipped cream. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and serve.