This is a tasty frosting to accompany our Rum & Eggnog Bundt Cake recipe. You can use real rum or rum extract. I think a nice spiced rum gives this recipe that extra little something!
Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp rum or rum extract
- 2 tbsp eggnog room temperature
- Beat cream cheese and butter until pale and fluffy. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Add rum and eggnog. Beat until fully combined.
- Pour the frosting over cooled cake and sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.