This recipe is from the NordicWare site. We’ve chosen to include it here because of our October 2019 Featured Give-away.
Cooking your entire meal on a single sheet pan makes dinners easy and delicious and cleanup is a breeze. After you try this recipe, let us know what you think in the comments below. And don’t be afraid to experiment and change things up based on what you have on hand. The original recipe (as shown here) is southwest inspired but could easily be changed up by substituting different spices. You could use any summer squash in lieu of zucchini. Let your imagination (and your spice pantry) go crazy.
You’ll find the following items that were used in this recipe at The Kitchen Company.
** Used in this recipe **
- NordicWare Baker’s Half Sheet Pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoons
- Chef’s knives
- Oven mitts/potholders
** Optional tools **
- Silpat half sheet pan non-stick liner (optional)
- Corn Cutter (for getting the kernels off fresh cobs) (optional)
- Garlic peelers and mincers
Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Hash
- oil for the pan (or use a Silpat)
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 zucchini sliced or cubed
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 (15oz) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly oil or spray Baker's Half Sheet pan. Place sweet potatoes in microwave safe bowl and precook for 3-5 minutes. Alternately you can pre-parbake them or steam them for 8-10 minutes. When they are cool enough to handle, mix the cubed sweet potatoes with the zucchini, red bell pepper, onion, black beans, corn, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and paprika.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto prepared half sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from the oven and, using a spoon, make six wells in the vegetables for the eggs. Crack an egg into each well. Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper and return to the oven for an additional 7-9 minutes or more depending on how you like your eggs. Serve immediately.